Sunday, September 6, 2009

From the start...

In high school I was a cheerleader. I started in ninth grade, and it was just an amazing experience. I was the smallest girl, therefore, I was the one that was thrown in the air the most. I loved flying. It's all I did. I gained some weight between ninth and tenth grade, and when I came back in the fall, my coach wouldn't have my flying as much. I wasn't flying at all after a while. After talking to some of the older girls, they told me that Coach would let people fly if they got too big. Here begins my long struggle with my weight.
I lost the weight, but Coach still wouldn't let me fly. I assumed that I was always too big. When senior year came around, I finally became the flyer again. By then, I was an emotional wreck.
In tenth and eleventh grade, I struggled with narcotic drug addiction. It got a little out of control. I ended up getting my best friend stabbed for drugs. After OD'ing, I decided it was time for change. I cleaned up my act. Got sober. The drugs kept me skinny, and when I got sober I had to deal with losing weight again.
I took laxatives every day for long periods of time. I ended up getting seriously dehydrated because I wasn't eating anything at all, so the laxatives were just taking all of the water out of me. I remember being at work and just throwing up so bad because I was so dehydrated. It was awful.
Junior and Senior year were my ana-mia stages. I would go about 6 days without eating, then eating about 400-500 calories on the 7th day. It was exhausting keeping track of everything that I ate.
As for now, I am in college. Still dealing with my weight. I got my weight up to 125lbs. this summer and maintained it. I was healthy. But I still yearn to be smaller. I'm afraid that I'm going to end up like my mother, and grandmother. They both have numerous health problems due to their weight. They are both rather obese, and I am determined to never allow myself to become that big.

No comments:

Post a Comment